Yves Saint Laurent, the most consistently celebrated and influential designer of the past twenty-five years, stated “Fashions fade, style is eternal”. Each year, numerous A-list stars reiterate the French designer’s razor sharp observation at most coveted International Film Festivals. These stunning ladies (and gentlemen) give an eyeful of latest fashions from biggest names on Red Carpets.
Sidelines and photocalls are definitely THE platform for all our favorite celebrities to make their own style statements! So here are our favorite style (and not-fashion) picks, including casual, conventional, unexpected, and much more – from The Venice Film Festival.
Alessandra Ambrosio: Shades
Seldom putting her wrong foot forward, this tall Brazilian supported three stylish different looks at Venice, away from the Red Carpet.
1. Travel Casual: She arrived at the Venice airport in a paisley jumpsuit and taupe espadrilles. The large beige tote bag and beads around her wrists completes her oh-so-casually-chic look.
2. Classy Urban: The supermodel switched to striped Philosophy with her two-piece, showing off her cutout details and matching lacey white heels.
3. Boho-Chic: Alessandra posed on marble stairs in a Long Floral Dress with her long auburn hair. She didn’t need shoes to pull this one off!
Valeria Bilello: Under Venetian Sun
This Italian stunner created a show-stopper in a long bright maxi dress with a plunging neckline. She chose a bowler-style sun hat and a bronze bag with color-coordinated sandals as accessories. We are impressed to say the least!
Diane’s Unconventional Choices
Diane Kruger became a household name after playing Helen in period drama,Troy. Although the movie didn’t live up to expectations, the German beauty’s style has surpassed our expectations time and time again! Specifically, two of Diane’s Venice looks are to die for:
1. She stood out in a Thakoon mesh-paneled bodysuit and matching floral skirt, sandals, Komono sunglasses, straw hat, and a Chanel quilted tote. The captivating smile added an overall urban chic look.
2. At a photocall, she chose an edgier look pairing a feminine floral dress from Preen’s 2016 Resort Collection with black boots and ankle-high socks. It takes a real stylist diva to make outlandish choices.
Hailee Steinfeld Goes Retro
The young American showed ‘True Grit’ for embracing the ’70s trends in a bold yellow leather skirt and peacock-print top by Miu Miu. Not many girls can pull off this gaudy look.
Usual Suspects: Dakota Johnson and Amber Heard
Classic looks hardly ever go wrong. These two ladies played by the rules to get their look just right.
1. Amber Heard was epitome of feminine beauty in an asymmetrical floral Zimmermann dress with pump high heels at a photocall for The Danish Girl.
A ‘Bigger Splash’ actress, Dakota Johnson turned heads in this ’60s chic bright orange poppy print on Black Rodarte dress and platform sandals at a photocall for the film.
Kristen Stewart’s Stylish Statement
Style Picks from the 72nd Film Festival cannot possibly be complete without Kristen Stewart’s quilted Chanel short top set and sleek black heels for a photocall. She teamed up her unusual choice with a conspicuous watch, neckpiece, and short crop pushed back neatly.
These ladies know how to make a powerful statement! Tell us what you think of these style statements from Venice? Do you believe they stood out, or were they overhyped? Why? We look forward to hearing from you.