Nothing completes an outfit like a stunning necklace. But at times a single necklace is not just enough, and you need something more to express your personal style. If you’re looking for an easy way to pep up your white tee or floral day dress, layering necklaces is something that you might want to try. Wondering how you can pull off a layered look like a pro? Read on for a few tips that will help you master the art of layering.
- Start with a bright and bold central necklace and surround it with other supporting pieces. You may go for your favorite colored gemstone, or even a classic pearl will look just fine.
- Choose necklaces of different lengths, so that they don’t cluster together. While two necklaces of different lengths will add instant style to your outfit, layering three to five pieces will give the maximum style impact.
- Tradition says pair silver with silver and gold with gold, but who cares? Go ahead and create an edgy, yet chic look by mixing yellow gold with silver, rose gold with yellow gold and so on.
- Create a graduating effect with dainty short necklaces and slightly bigger, longer necklaces. You can also try repeating the same shape across all your necklaces for a striking play of symmetry.
- A lariat necklace is a great way to add length. You can also try achieving a minimalistic look by layering simple necklaces, without pendants.
- Steer away for wearing too many pieces of the same color. This will give you an over-the-top matchy-matchy look. Instead, play with all the colors of your choice.
- Finally, the key to keeping your overall look interesting is by maintaining a balance. If you’re going for a layered look with multiple necklaces, you might just want to skip the earrings or opt for simple studs.