Moissanite is a rare and scarce gemstone, known to have been discovered in 1893 in a meteor crater. The moissanite available today is lab-created to perfection. Engineered to resemble diamonds, this stone has gained immense popularity as the primary stone for jewelry. Here are a few reasons on why you should choose moissanite jewelry.
- Rated 9.25 on the Mohs scale, moissanite is harder than any gemstone, apart from diamonds. This makes it suitable for everyday wear.
- It is more durable compared to other popular gemstones like ruby, emerald, and sapphire.
- It is affordable and surprisingly more brilliant and fiery than a diamond. This is why it has become an affordable alternative to diamonds.
- One of the world’s most scintillating gemstones, it’s almost impossible to differentiate between a diamond and a moissanite with the naked eye.
- Moissanite is less likely to attract grease or dirt when compared to a diamond. It is easy to clean and maintain moissanite jewelry.
- Moissanite bends light into mesmerizing rainbow flashes of fire, and its brilliance is spectacular in natural as well as indoor light. Its distinct faceting pattern heightens brilliance to create a “disco ball” effect, especially in sunlight.
- Because it is lab-grown, moissanite requires absolutely no mining. It is earth-friendly and also conflict-free.
- Moissanites are created to be perfect, without any inclusions or flaws. These brilliant, beautiful stones are perfect for use in rings, pendants, earrings and bracelets.