When it comes to popping the question, there could be no better occasion than the holidays. Not that we recommend you to slip into a rented Santa suit and bend down on your knees. But we’re sure the magic and the cheer of the festive season will win you several brownie points. For that, you have to make your plans well in advance as you don’t want to ruin it with a hurried surprise going wrong. Simply keep these dos and don’ts in mind and you will surely sweep her off her feet.
- If she likes things dramatic, you can think of something crazy – like proposing her at a skiing spot or on a snowy mountaintop. However, if she likes it subtle, do not go overboard, instead keep it classic and simple. Proposing to her over a special breakfast or dinner is a great idea that can never go out of style.
- The best time to surprise her with a winter proposal is the period between Thanksgiving and New Years. It is not a great idea, however, to make her wait all through the season till the clock strikes 12 on 31st December; if she is expecting an engagement any sooner. Do propose to her in the beginning of the holidays so that both of you will have the rest of the season to celebrate.
- Do not make a dramatic proposal at a shopping mall or a busy street if she is not the one who likes public exhibition. Get engaged in private and take your time to revel in the moment with your beloved by taking her away from the festivities for a little while. You can also consider asking her to be yours at a Thanksgiving get-together when her family and friends are present.
- Do make arrangements beforehand to make sure that the two of you are at the right place at the right time. Whether you want to make it a destination proposal or a surprise on Christmas Eve at a church service, be prepared with your plan. Last-minute musings don’t always work out well.
- An engagement is incomplete without a ring. Do set a budget for a beautiful engagement ring and do not splurge out all your savings. Instead, spend a good amount of time trying to understand her choices and taste for jewelry. Take help from her friends and sisters; they’ll definitely know about her likes and dislikes.
- A romantic snow-day proposal with Christmas lights is something totally dreamy and many girls love to add it to their lifetime memories. It seems like a smashing idea to write the magical four words on the pristine white snow. But burying a ring in a snowball isn’t. Rings can easily get lost, so do look after the precious token of love till the time you want to keep it out of her sight.
Has she dropped a hint about her dream engagement ring or are you looking for some inspiration? Explore Angara’s collection of colored gemstone and diamond engagement rings to pick the perfect sparkler for the perfect girl.